Happy 20 weeks Skye – this little girl is 5 months old! My gosh, I feel like we just met face to face…How is it 5 months already? Allow me to take a moment and wrap my brain around that. Skye will be celebrating her 1/2 birthday next month – Kleenex please. With the new month come new milestones.
- Last month, she discovered rolling from her belly to her back. This month, she mastered rolling from her back to her belly.
- #1 lead to rolling non-stop, over and over again. Of course, that was only the start. Now she can use her foot against the crib bar to change her direction, and end up at each corner of the crib. Yeah…Fun (insert sarcastic emoji now).
- On top of that, Skye’s making attempts at pulling herself up with the bars of the crib. Great…
- She’s scooting forward, like a very premature crawl.
- She’s tasting solid food! That’s always messy and fun. She likes it, but would rather drink 6-8 ounces of milk instead.
- She’s sleeping through the night.
- She’s sleeping in!
- Teething like crazy, but little lady holds her teething toy all on her own!
Bath time is what I like to call Skye’s spa time. I try to make it fun for the both of us. Sometimes I play soft music, massage her feet and hands, I love her giggles when I make silly faces at her – that’s my favorite. Our friends over at Boon, sent us their 3-stage SOAK bathtub to try – it’s designed with an adjustable bump and contoured back to suit newborns through seated toddlers and fits into most double sinks. I personally prefer placing it in our tub though, since bath time is right after our oldest shower time, this way I can keep everyone in one place. Something I wasn’t expecting and find very cool, is that it’s included with a clever temperature changing drain – that’s extremely helpful!
Boon introduced us to their friends over at Mustela, a trusted leader in skin care for over 60 years! They have recently come out with baby washes and lotions designed for a variety of baby skin types. Yep, baby’s have skin types too. Between the ages 0-2, baby’s skin is getting used to the environmental stressors of the outside world. Back when Zoë was a newborn, it was obvious she had very sensitive skin and was prone to eczema. Skye has a different skin type than her older sister. It fits under the category of normal skin. Mustela’s new line covers 4 skin types: Normal, Dry, Eczema – Prone & Very Sensitive Skin – so there’s something for everyone.
Mustela sent us their Foam Shampoo, Hydra Bebe Body Lotion, Gentle Cleansing Gel and the Multi-Sensory Bubble Bath. We loved using each of these products! They were very moisturizing and gentle on her skin.
By the way, we moved the crib mattress down so Skye can’t climb over…We may be over-cautious, but I watched her do a pretty good job pulling herself up when she thought I wasn’t looking. It has begun. The growing leads to mobile, which then leads to “Bye mom, see you after school!”. KLEENEX!
We hope everyone has an awesome Memorial Day weekend! We’re excited to have the family come into town – its grill time!