This morning I felt like throwing together a breakfast that would be fun for me to make. I wanted something colorful and tasty. I choose to make a Frittata. Now, long ago I made a Frittata for my Aunt Janet when she was home sick and I never even knew what a Frittata was! I needed to make her food to help her feel better and just thought – egg pizza would do the trick! I didn’t go by a recipe or an inspiration, I just made it. It was a hit! It was also a huge surprise since this was back in the days when I was not known for cooking…like ever lol! Janet loved it and never forgot how good it was! Years later, I was flipping through a magazine and found a pic similar to what I had made for Janet and I that day. It was called a Frittata. It was like putting a name to a face in a way lol! I always just called it egg pizza….:)
The best part about making a Frittata is that you can use up what’s in the fridge. I love chorizo as you may know and opted to throw that on. We found these beautiful red, orange and yellow baby peppers that I sliced and added to the mix. Red onion is such a pretty purple pop of color and a wonderful taste; so this was added. I had some spinach left over from a another dish and threw the rest of that on. Goat cheese I have a weakness for… so that of course had to join the party as well! What you get is a great combination of colors and flavor, so delicious
Crack and beat eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile heat butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture to pan.
Remove chorizo from casing and fry in a separate small pan (sprayed with PAM) over medium heat until very lightly browned; stir often.
Dice red onion and slice peppers.
Transfer chorizo with a slatted spoon to egg mixture, sprinkle on top. Sprinkle red onion, baby spinach, baby peppers, goat cheese and season lightly with salt and pepper. Allow to set for about 5 minutes.
Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
I’m a little late getting my weekly wishes post up! It’s been a juggle, as usual…but maybe it just feels a bit more now that I’ve been spoiled with having a child in daycare lol. Yesterday Zoë was home and I wanted to give her all my attention. This stems from guilt that we’ve been sending her to such a wonderful place of education away from home ;). I feel the clock ticking; any day now she’ll be a 9-5er…only free on weekends I’m being slightly dramatic… ..or am I? LOL! ;)
These are my weekly wishes for this week. I’ve already started tackling the list.
1. I have 2Giveaways I am currently working on!!! 2! I have all the photography and outline done for the makeup story / giveaway. It’s gorgeous! My best work yet… and yes, you heard me correctly – I’m featuring Makeup! It’s amazing product!!!! I model for a living if you remember…so I have some cool connections…and this connection is awesome! Stay tuned – August is going to be fun!!! My 2nd giveaway is also a dream! OMGOODNESS!!! I’m still on cloud 9 over this one…a bit nervous actually; I’m so thrilled to have such a great opportunity! This one goes up in September – *Mark in calendar. I fell in love with this amazing website from Domino Magazine (you know me and Domino..it’s a love affair!); they were interested in a collaboration with me!!!! I’m so thrilled! Both of these clients are amazing! Like I said, I’m over the moon excited! These opportunities rock! My plan is to get the first drafts done this week. You may have noticed, I didn’t mention who the sponsors are….you’ll just have to wait and see It’s a surprise!
2. I’ve been wanting to put together a link-up of my own! It’s ready to launch this Friday!!! The title is: “Friday Link Up / It’s About What Makes You Happy!” So please check it out! I would be honored for you all to join in. It’s going to be fun! This is the perfect opportunity for fellow bloggers to get noticed and gain followers
3. A big wish of mine; I’m really yearning to get back into hot yoga ASAP! Now that Zoë is in school, this would be a perfect time to get my chi back on! I have a photo shoot on Friday and want to be ready. Yoga is one of my favorite go to’s for staying fit.
4. Go on a date with Mike for breakfast or brunch - maybe near the school we’re interested in for Zoë when she’s ready for big girl school…You should always plan the future on a full stomach * Note: we just came back from doing just that! I wrote this list last night Photo for this post is taken at my favorite breakfast spot Milk & Honey Cafe – more on that later So this I can check off my list!
5. Just to have a great time doing all of the above! Having fun and enjoying what I do makes all the difference.
Today was gorgeous out! We decided to take advantage of our Sunday afternoon and head over to the Lincoln Park Zoo, here in Chicago. They have a wonderful petting zoo for kids. It’s free and it’s absolutely gorgeous! We truly love going. In fact Mike and I have been coming here on weekends since we were dating years ago! We used to sit at the cafe near the river where the ducks swim by, and day-dream about bringing our kids here someday. Now we get to do just that with our little munchkin. Zoë actually is getting over a cold, but we just couldn’t keep the little angel cooped up in the loft another day – fresh air was in order! She played with us in the grass and watched the giraffes in amazement. The petting zoo was her favorite for sure :)))
Turned out to be the perfect Sunday afternoon!…and now it’s time to sleep
*Zoë is wearing a Cherokee romper (similar found here). Shoes similar to what you see found here.